The Quendale Estate dates back to the 16th Century but it wasn’t until 1770 that the Grierson family acquired it and became the Lairds. The Mill was commisioned to be built in 1867 by the Grierson family and grinding began at the Mill the following year.Its primary purpose was to handle the grain for crofters from a very wide surrounding area. Most of the grinding was done in winter when there was plenty of water in the dam to drive the Mill’s machinery………
10am to 5pm daily.
Advance booking is advised (especially for groups of 12 or more).
Bookings accepted between 10am and 4pm daily.
15 April 2024 to 13 October 2024
Senior Citizen/Concessionary: £4.00
Children (12-16yrs): £1.00
Under 12's: Free
Check out 'Claire White Shetland' on Facebook, and clairewhiteshetland.bandcamp.com
© 2023 Quendale Mill - Tel: 01950 460969 - Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org